Masc (Femme #2)

Masc - Marshall Thornton

This was a cute read! Lionel gets it in his head that he and Dog need to have more in common or their relationship is doomed, so they join a bowling league. That's not as boring as it sounds though, because Lionel ends up being stupid good at bowling.

Lionel annoyed me at times here - he's very impulsive, as we all know, but he goes a little overboard at one point - but he makes up for it in the end. Dog also goes through a bit of a horror situation at work that wasn't fun to read about. Warnings:

He's sexually harassed and has trouble coming to terms with it and then figuring out how to resolve it.

(show spoiler)

But overall, the characters were as delightful as the first book, though I do wish I'd waited for the narration, assuming Joel Leslie comes back for it. He was a huge part of what made the first book such a fun experience.

Also, families that overshare are a little creepy. Just a smidgeon. :D And who celebrates Flag Day? That's being way too patriotic.

I want to see Carlos get his own story. He deserves one. He's such a delight. Tim and Fetch were a hoot too, and Dog's father is ... he's trying? LOL.