The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo #2) (Audiobook) - DNF

The Trials of Apollo, Book Two: The Dark Prophecy - Rick Riordan, Robbie Daymond

I think I've reached my saturation point with this author. As much as I enjoyed the Percy Jackson series, it was something of a struggle to get through it by the end since there's not a lot variation in the themes. I knew I needed to take a break from Riordan's writing before considering another series. I thought this would be that series, and I really enjoyed the first one.

But man, Apollo is an annoying self-centered brat! :P If that character type appeals to you, you'll love this series, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I didn't like Apollo, I couldn't remember any of the other characters, themes and conflicts are again getting repetitive. I was struggling to pay attention or care about anything. I even went back to the point where my attention first started wandering and tried to listen again, but it just wasn't working for me.

This is no fault of the narrator - or maybe in an ironic way it is. He performed wonderfully and he really got the Apollo character down pat, in all his conceited glory. :D