At the Corner of Rock Bottom & Nowhere

At the Corner of Rock Bottom & Nowhere - L.A. Witt

What happens when a blackjack dealer/stripper/occasional prostitute meets a homeless man/former ad exec on the streets of Vegas and offers him a hand up? You get role-reversed Pretty Woman!

I didn't really buy the way these two met, at first. Adrian's constantly walking right on by the homeless people living on the streets of Vegas without a backward glance - but backward glances at Max because of his designer suit and shoes. I guess if you want any hope of being rescued off the streets, you better be wearing Gucci. (Does Gucci design men's clothes? I have no idea.) Weird setup aside, it was a nice read and the characters are likable, and the writing when talking about Max's fall from grace was particularly strong. Other than that, there was nothing special here. It's a standard romance with standard sex scenes (which I skipped). I also never really understood why Adrian sometimes slept with his customers for money since he didn't need the money. It felt like that was there just to give them something edgy and progressive to deal with.