Forget Me Not (Mnevermind #2)

Forget Me Not - Jordan Castillo Price

OMG THIS BOOK IS AMAZING AND I LOVE EVERYTHING IT CHOOSES TO BE!

I loved so much that we got a book from Elijah's POV. Now, I'll say upfront I'm not autistic, so I can't say if this is an accurate portrayal of what it's like to be autistic. JCP says in the afterword that she did contact people who have autism and did her research before writing this, and from everything else I've read by her, she takes her craft seriously. So I trust her to make this as close to possible as an accurate portrayal as she can get - bearing in mind that autism is different for everyone who has it. But I'll leave it up to readers who are autistic to make that determination.

What I did appreciate about this was that it gave Elijah a voice. It let us into his thought processes and his emotional processes, both of which were often hard to discern in the first book through Daniel's POV. We see how he processes information and how he filters everything that comes his way throughout the day. We also get to learn more about his background and his problems at work. He's a fully developed character, not a list of behavioral traits.

It was also fascinating to watch him and Daniel figure out how to communicate with each other, and to see Elijah so excited to figure out he's gay and not being worried or afraid to pursue that part of himself. Not that it's all easy. He does have challenges from outside to deal with, and those parts were rather tense reading about.

This book was a treat and I'm already plowing through the last book in the trilogy.