Children of Noah (Mahu #9)

Children of Noah (Mahu Series Book 9) - Neil Plakcy

Oh, but this one was fun. It's the most domestic of the books in this series so far, and it's great to see Kimo taking on the dad role when he was so hesitant about having kids in the previous books. He and Mike are great foster dads to Dakota, and while we didn't get much time with the baby twins, what we did get was fun. And for once, it made sense that these two guys wouldn't really know what to do with babies, not having any previous experience. I really enjoyed getting to see more of their day to day lives than we normally get.

The mystery here was as well done as in previous books, though religious fanatics and cults are things I don't care to read about, so I didn't really connect with it. This is Kimo and Ray's first assignment with the joint task force with the FBI, and about the only difference so far is they have a wider jurisdiction and get to assign the grunt work to someone else. :D They still have plenty to do here, and they're not quite as out of the action as Kimo's family had hoped. I really loved how supportive Mike was of Kimo. He can be worried and protective without being possessive and smothering, just as Kimo has to be of Mike's job investigating fires.