Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban (Year 3) (Audiobook)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Book 3 - J.K. Rowling, Jim  Dale

This is much better than CoS and marks, to me, the place where the series really picks up momentum. The world of HP opens up more here as we learn about Azkaban and found out more things about James's time at Hogwarts. Trelawney is a hoot, and the dementors are like ringwraiths ramped up to 11. Sirius and Remus as my faves. I forgot about Sir Cadogan, and I'm happy to say he's less aggravating this time around. And of course, Crookshanks is the best.

I had to laugh at Harry's complete inability to properly use the Maurder's map. He has a map that tells him exactly where everyone is, and yet he's still looking up and down the corridors and then gets caught by Snape. *palmface* And how exactly is it that none of the  others teachers know that Hermoine has a time turner to get to all her classes? Seems like something that would be covered in a staff meeting, no? At least the time travel makes more sense in the book.

I forgot also how much the movie ramped up Hermoine's role here. This is the start of Mary Sue!Hermoine and Barney!Ron, and if there's ever a reboot, they really need to do these characters justice.

Jim Dale's performance is again perfection. Can't really add more to it than that.