Good Omens - Or I Thought the Antichrist Was With You

Good Omens - Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Martin Jarvis

Crowley (no, not that one, SPN fandom) and Aziraphale have misplaced the Antichrist. No big deal, except the Apocalypse is neigh. Oh, and also they have a bet of sorts going about nature vs nurture and whether the Antichrist can be raised to be good or is just naturally evil and that's it. How are they going to rectify this? Very poorly. And sarcastically. And ironically. :D

While this felt like this was written early on in both Gaiman's and Pratchett's careers, and thus is not quite as polished as I would've expected, it's still beautifully descriptive and cheekily humorous and quintessentially British. You can clearly see each authors' influence on the text and the characters. It was a fun read/listen, and I think my favorite parts were Adam and his friends debates, and Crowley's and Aziraphale's unlikely but very sweet friendship.

The narrator, Martin Jarvis, is absolutely perfect. He puts just the right emphasis on the words and the characters' voices to highlight the humor without being overbearing. My only issue was the kids didn't sound quite young enough.