Foxe Fire (Skyler Foxe Mysteries #4) (Audiobook)

Foxe Fire - Haley Walsh, Joel Leslie

This one was still fun but not quite up to snuff with the first three as far as the mystery was concerned. I guess I got spoiled with the first three having their own individual mysteries as well as one long over-arching mystery. This was more like Veronica Mars Season 3, where the execs thought having smaller mysteries would be better for keeping an audience, but it really made you wonder why anyone would go to that school. Sort of like I wonder why anyone would be friends with Skyler, because he's seriously TSTL sometimes.

And yet, we get a new inductee into the SFC, and he's just as crazy as the rest of them. :D Jamie gets a boyfriend, and Philip and Rodolfo continue to be perfect opposites for each other. It was fun meeting Fishbreath and there's a surprise development in Skyler's family life when his estranged father shows up. There's also some drama with Keith that made me want to smack him upside the head, and I think he needed to grovel a little more than he did. Some of the plots with the students and mystery were a little too similar, and even though it was lampshaded it felt rather convenient to me, sort of like those 7th Heaven episodes where everyone's getting the same moral lesson at the same time.

The narrator has improved a lot from those first two shaky performances. He changed some of the voices here, though that could be due to the gap in recording.

Looking forward to the next one!