Will Grayson, Will Grayson

Will Grayson, Will Grayson - John Green, David Levithan

5 stars are not enough

This is my most favorite audiobook ever. Possibly my most favorite YA ever.

Both narrators do an amazing job bringing this story to life. They give the Wills their own unique voices and bring out the humor in what could otherwise be a pretty angst-y tale. Will #1 is afraid to take chances and Will #2 suffers from depression. Will #1 is straight and Will #2 is gay. Will #1 feels it's best to shut up and not care. Will #2 cares too much and it smothers him. And the only thing they have in common is Tiny Cooper, who I dare you not to fall in love with. He's out, he's proud and he's writing a musical about his life. He's going to make everyone's life better whether they want him to or not.

There is teen melodrama to the max, and there's also the unique wisdom that only teens can possess - both profound and innocent, complex and simple. They all screw up in their own ways, and figure out some of life's lessons and truths as they go along. I love that the narrators actually sing the songs, because I also suck at trying to read songs in stories and usually end up skipping them or giving them really generic tunes.

I will be listening to this one again for sure.