Reading progress update: I've read 20%.

The Complete Sherlock Holmes -  Arthur Conan Doyle

I got through 3 more of the short stories this week.

A Case of Identity 3 stars. Why doesn't Sherlock just tell Mary what happened to Hosmer? Because she's a delicate woman who can't handle the truth? Hogwash. I don't like Holmes when he gets all condescending like that. She hired him to do a job, which was to get to the bottom of her missing fiance, which he does, and tell her his findings, which he does not do. Therefore, he did not do his job. Her mom and stepdad are something else though.

The Boscombe Valley Mystery 3.5 stars. You know, a lot of these cases would be avoided entirely if the men involved just asked the woman what she wanted and respected her decision. Shocking concept, I know. Still, it was fun to see Sherlock get excited over the ordinariness of the clues on this one, since that made it so much more difficult to figure things out. Not that it stopped him of course.

The Five Orange Pips 4 stars. It's strange to think there was a time when people didn't know who the KKK were. And the fact that they bested Holmes is unthinkable. Thankfully, Mother Nature took care of that, but still! Holmes couldn't defeat them. They're that evil. F*ing KKK. Grrrr.