Rack & Ruin (THIRDS #3)

Rack & Ruin - Charlie Cochet

"Jesus Christ, MTV would make a mint with a reality TV show about their unit. The relationship drama alone would carry the ratings, forget the actual fieldwork."

"[F]orget the actual fieldwork" being the key phrase there because in this and the previous book, the fieldwork is practically nonexistent. Except when someone on this super duper bestest in the whole wide world elite force is getting shot at, beating up or abducted. And I think this quote is also why this series just isn't working for me. I hate reality TV shows like those on MTV and littered all over TV in general. They're boring, self-indulgant and make me want to slap everyone, which is pretty much how I feel about these characters a lot of the time. I did like this slightly better than Blood & Thunder, if only because my expectations were sufficiently lowered, but all the issues I posted about in my review for that book are still present in this book and don't look to be going anywhere anytime soon. So I'm bidding adieu to this series. It's just not for me.